On Demand problem- can't "resume play" will only restart

kh-luo
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have been experiencing this problem for about a week now I guess.  When watching an on demand program (always free programs, can't say about paid programs because we haven't used any), when we need to stop viewing and go back later, when thee "resume play" option is picked, it does not resume where the program was left but starts over.  Previously the function had worked.  The only thing that can be done is to fast forward to the point where you left off (assuming this function hasn't been disabled by the program provider).

I called tech support, we went through the whole deal with rebooting the box, powering down the box and the router, etc. but there has been no change.  There is no problem with viewing or receiving any programming, picture quality is perfect, and internet works just fine too, just this one problem.  Has anyone else had this same problem?  I am in Toms River NJ, and the set top box we have is the non-dvr HD box, 6200 or some number like that.  Would appreciate any feedback, thank you.

1 Solution
kh-luo
Community Manager
Community Manager
9 Replies
kh-luo
Community Manager
Community Manager

prod - https://community.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV/On-Demand-problem-can-t-quot-resume-play-quot-will-only-res...

Well, don't know what happened, but the problem is fixed.

RDsBN
Enthusiast - Level 2

est

0 Likes
testdata
Enthusiast - Level 2

test

testdata
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
RAGHURE
Enthusiast - Level 3